Saturday, June 9, 2012

Black Birthday





All I want is black balloons for my birthday.







Perhaps I can have a black wedding one day, or a gothic wedding... 
But the elderly will definitely forbid me to do so. 

One of my male classmate started to call me "black cat" when we were 13 years old, so the others followed, therefore "black cat" became my nickname during high school. 
Why "black cat"? He said I have cat's eyes, and tan skin. 
This guy has a "meow" or "miao" as his middle name, which made me think it's so funny for the "miao" to call me "black cat".

We are busy converting our garage into a small home business - selling Polaroid films and cameras.
Now my favourite black winter jacket is all covered with white paint (which I am quite upset with) after three days of painting the ceiling, wall and furniture.
We are not the fussy type - we just bought the cheapest wall paint and used it universally on everything.


I must do some portrait shoots with the seasoned wall and ceiling before converting the garage into a white SOHO (small office/home office). Thanks to Kit for lending me his 11mm wide angle lens, otherwise we would have problem putting me in the frame.


And also thanks to our generous owner for allowing us to convert the garage into a SOHO. But painting this 70 years plus old garage is not an easy job - sand and cement was peeling from ceiling and hitting our eyes, faces and heads while we were applying layers of paint. 


Yay! We are opening our SOHO during mid winter and we shall have black pudding!






2 comments:

  1. Great to hear that!!! All the best in ur business :) u always have my mentally support, bff!!! <3 u

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too! My birthday is coming soooon!

    ReplyDelete